Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Moon

Directed by Duncan Jones, Liberty Films, UK, 2009. Starring Sam Rockwell & Kevin Spacey.
So my first post is about Moon - a movie that I never heard of until I started going through my cable’s movie channels a few days ago thinking about this blog. I saw that Sam Rockwell was in it and Kevin Spacey (one of my favorites!) and thought to myself – “I never saw anything about this movie.” I was intrigued. So I set my DVR and the next day, while recovering from some back pain, I watched the Sci-fi movie.
I recommend this one. Sam Rockwell is great – as he usually is in most of his roles. Kevin Spacey plays the voice of a computer, Gerty, and that’s all I will say about that. There are no other characters to comment on since this is almost a one man movie.

The story is unique although the set design reminded me of Space 1999. You don't have to be a fan of Sci-fi to enjoy this film. To me this was a character driven movie where the main actor has to do double or triple duty. Sam Rockwell succeeds in this role quite well.
Duncan Jones – wrote the original story and directed it. And while researching him I found out he is David Bowie’s son. Cool little factoid.

Review: 7 out of 10

Rating: R
Length: 97 Minutes

Recommendation: Worth your time.

No comments: