Monday, August 13, 2012

Where Films Are Heading...

Hello movie fans:

I apologize for my absence of late. Currently I am moving and still up to my nose in boxes, unpacking. However, I wanted to share with you something that I found completely fascinating and exciting that is happening in the film industry now.

Recently, I've been discussing the future of filmmaking with some others in the industry. Long gone are the days where you need fancy, expensive equipment to make a movie. All you really need is a good idea and the ability to tell it well. Right? Yes!

So, when I heard about a new film called Olive and how it was made I knew I had to share it. Here is the trailer. Now I am not giving an opinion of the film as I have not seen it yet, but here is what I want to tell you: This ENTIRE movie was shot on a cell phone. Yes! It was shot on a Nokia N8 smart phone, to be exact.



Another interesting fact about this film: this was made independently without any corporation financing. That means no backing whatsoever from any major studio and it was released in 2000+ theatres. So, if you want to make a movie, you have an idea, grab your cell phone and just do it!

This movie was released late last year and it stars Gena Rowlands.

My reviews will be back up in about a week or so. Enjoy the trailer.

2 comments:

The Movie Waffler said...

I’m putting together a new blogathon. It’s called “Winning Streak” and the idea is that you write about what you consider to be the most impressive unbroken run of great movies from a chosen film-maker. So for example mine would be Robert Altman’s run from Brewster McCloud (1970) to Nashville (1975) where in my opinion he made seven fantastic movies.
Let me know if you fancy taking part.

The Movie Waffler said...

Here's the link to our latest blogathon if you fancy taking part
http://www.themoviewaffler.com/p/winning-streak-blogathon.html