Friday, September 9, 2011

Soundtracks: Stop Making Sense

Let's pick back up on the EW's top 100 list at #79 with a movie that came out in the 1980's  - 1984 to be exact with Stop Making Sense. What? A movie that is about a concert is in the top soundtracks of all time - yeah, what's wrong with that? Not a damn thing.

I will admit I was not the biggest Talking Heads fan during my teenage years, but now every time I hear one of their tunes or see David Byrne manically dance around the stage, in a suit that looked too large, it transports me right back to that decade. Now I don't mind listening to a tune or two.

Their music just screams the 80's whether you liked them or not.  Here is a fact I just found out while researching for this - Jonathan Demme directed this movie.

Here are a few of the songs from the film. You might remember some of them.








I could post many more but you might as well rent the movie - or find your old album or cassette tape and start dancing around your own living room.






No comments: