Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Preview: The Sessions

As you know I am always on the hunt for indie films and/or films that try something new and different. Today I hit the jackpot! I went to my normal sources to find some up coming movies and found The Sessions. I had no idea about this film. I hadn't even seen or noticed one thing about it in all my social networking research prior to this; but when the preview started, and I saw it won Audience Winner for Sundance 2012, I was immediately intrigued.

The preview starts and I hear William H. Macy's voice, a huge fan of his. Then I see John Hawkes is in it. Last year I saw him in Martha Marcy May Marlene and he quickly went on my list to find more of his films. His performance in Martha Marcy May Marlene was brilliant, so it was nice to see he is in the lead on the new film by Fox Searchlight Pictures.

Take a look.

Ben Lewin wrote and directed this film. It stars John Hawkes, Helen Huntand William H. Macy

The Sessions is due out for release in October 2012 in limited release so you will need to hunt for it.

My review of Martha Marcy May Marlene.

No comments: