Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Soundtrack: A Clockwork Orange

Well, I was wondering when we would end up on this soundtrack: A Clockwork Orange (1972). #76 (on Entertainment Weekly's list). It's been over 2 decades since I have seen this movie but certain scenes and the music have never left my memory. I recall the classical music scattered throughout this bizarre movie just didn't seem to fit with what I was watching on film, or at least I couldn't make it compute. However, I also recall not understanding this movie at all, but then again I was only 17 at the time.

The extreme violence in A Clockwork Orange is something that haunted me for a while, but anytime I hear Beethoven's 9th it always reminds me of this film - a vicious cycle. It is something I have never been able to erase from my memory - never, ever...Okay, now I have funny feeling that I can't shake and my eye itches.

I would love to add a scene or two of the movie here showcasing the soundtrack but think it would be best to leave them off. I have feeling you recall the same scenes I do...okay, I need something to distract me.


Click on poster below to watch instantly or download soundtrack:





No comments: