Friday, October 28, 2011

Thank You For The Responses About Remakes.

Well, I am here again not posting a movie review but a thank you to all of you who responded to me about my post: Remakes - Why Make Them? It really made me feel good to know I wasn't alone in this. Plus, I am not accustom to receiving a lot of comments, privately or publicly, so these remarks touched my heart. Thank you.

Here are some of the comments I received:

"You can't improve on perfection!"


"...I completely agree that all of the remakes (some are remakes of remakes) are a simple way of unimaginative people to make a buck."


"These studios need to stop ruining great old movies. With so many writers out there, they can't find one NEW movie idea to entertain?"


"What I can't fathom is there must be hundred scripts out there that are calling to be made. Why get lazy an attempt a remake? It doesn't make sense to me. I think there is a certain magic with the cast in movies as The Breakfast Club and Footloose. You can't remake it - it won't have the same feel to it."


"...I agree about the remakes, I just don't see the point in most of them...Totally agree with Willy Wonka as well....you are right, stop making remakes, they are pointless and kids can just get the original on DVD."


And, last but not least, my favorite response:


"Katy, I really liked your post on Remakes. I feel the same way about the movies I loved from the 40's and 50's. Leave well enough alone and come up with something new."


This last one is very special to me because it came from my father - the person who handed down his love of movies to me. Thanks, papa!!

1 comment:

Jen and Tonic said...

It's so funny how we all share the same sentiment, and yet, the movie studios DON'T GET IT.