Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Soundtrack: The Sweet Hereafter

The next soundtrack on this top EW's 100 list: The Sweet Hereafter (1997). I have not seen this movie but after reading up on this one I will put this on my Netflix queue.  Mychael Danna is responsible for getting this one the list - coming in at #77.

Although the movie is set in modern times and it is about the aftermath of a tragic bus accident in a small rural town, some of the music hearkens back to medieval style compositions. I wasn't expecting that when I started my research on this one but was pleasantly surprised. But then I discovered one of the stars of The Sweet Hereafter sings on the soundtrack: Sarah Polley. Here's one of the songs: 'Courage'.



I have this movie on my list to watch and the soundtrack ready to download. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.



Side note: This was based on the novel of the same name by Russell Banks.




Film and soundtrack:




2 comments:

Bill Friday said...

That was beautiful. Thank you Katy.

Tired of Previews said...

I thought movie looked good as well - I really, really should see this one now.