Saturday, November 26, 2011

My Favorite Christmas Movies - Part 2

Alright back to Christmas movies and the ones I love. Now this part of the list might be just for movie fans above a certain age. So, you may want the kiddos to leave the room for this one.

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation  (1989) Starring Chevy Chase, Beverly D'Angelo, Juliette Lewis and Randy Quaid. Out of all the National Lampoon movies, this one is by far my favorite. I don't know what it is exactly about this film that makes me love it so much..oh wait, yes I do. It's hysterical! It's a Murphy's law family holiday, at it's finest. We all have had those relatives that show up in a Winnebago - okay, maybe not. However, there are in-laws that take over your house, holiday lights that you work so hard on appear to not work and we all have over cooked a turkey, right? Now this movie isn't all jokes and giggles. Here's one of my favorite scenes. Enjoy.

The Ref (1994) Starring Denis Leary, Kevin Spacey and Judy Davis. Another one of those great finds upon renting a DVD one day over a decade ago. The Ref may be one of the funniest movies with it's quick wit and the family dramas that are forced to come to light. Denis Leary is a thief who stumbles upon a family in deep crisis and he ends up fixing the family on Christmas Eve just so he can escape the police. Now Denis Leary and Kevin Spacey are two actors who can spew the most intelligent insults that still make you laugh. The dialogue in this film was brilliant. Here is one scene to prove my point. (Warning: profanity).

Die Hard (1988) Starring Bruce Willis, Alan Rickman and Bonnie Bedelia. Now you are probably wondering why I put this on my list. Well, it does take place during Christmas vacation when John McClane comes home to his wife in LA only to run into a terrorist attack. That's pure Christmas cheer, isn't it? Okay, this may not be the most Christmas-y movie on my list but I love it just the same. It's funny, action packed and it hosts some decent one-liners. Plus, it introduced Alan Rickman to us Yanks (thank you). Watch the trailer for Die Hard and remember how great this film was and try not to laugh at how they used to make trailers.

To Be Continued....

Click on film posters to watch instantly:
 



No comments: