Friday, April 8, 2011

Who's Tired of Movie Previews?

Hello Everyone:

Well, I just had my first article published on Blogcritics.org. Here is the article with a link below to the online blog magazine. Enjoy!! 


Who's Tired of Movie Previews?

By Katy Kern

Anyone else tired of movie previews giving away too much these days? I know I can't be the only one who thinks this. Previews are an important part of the movie marketing business, I know this, but years ago they were just teasers to tickle our taste buds for more. But something has changed.

Somewhere in the last five to ten years it seems (perhaps an over-eager young intern), came up with the "great" idea that previews should be longer, and packed with even more exciting material from the movie to really whet our appetites. Of course, this was all intended to entice more audiences into the first weekend and grab those elusive huge opening box office numbers. But now I feel like I am drowning every time I see a preview. Am I alone?

What movie-goers really want is to see a good movie. We are delighted when we see a great movie but don't try tricking us through long, elaborate previews that reveal all the good parts or remove the surprise element. You will lose us in the end. No more trailers for me!

It is possible to find real gems of movies; no trailers needed. I have been extremely lucky to have learned about some great films, even those with no press. So, how do you find them?

Do a little research, maybe by searching IMDb for favorite actors and actresses to find out what they've done that you haven't yet seen. Or become a regular reader of Blogcritics video section or other review blogs, where others trudge through plethora of good and bad films so you don't have to waste your time.


Read more: http://blogcritics.org/video/article/whos-tired-of-movie-previews/#ixzz1It2rJZJV


Article first published as Who's Tired of Movie Previews? on Blogcritics.

No comments: