Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Avett Brothers

I feel like taking a little break from movies for just one night - so, let me tell you about what concert I went to last night - The Avett Brothers. It was something I was expecting to like but not love - but after about 2 minutes in - I was hooked and now a HUGE fan!!

The band is fronted by Scott & Seth Avett, who may have the best harmonies since Simon & Garfunkel. They are balanced well with three other band members: drummer, bass player and cello player. Now I am not a band reviewer so I am not going to go into detail about them with words but with a few videos of their songs.

Here are three that showcase their true talent as songwriters, musicians, and performers. Please check them out!

Laundry Room- Live
Murder in the City - Recorded
Bella Donna - the one I wish they had played last night

One last point - I think they could be a great addition to a movie soundtrack..Hint! Hint! Hollywood! (You know I had to bring it back to movies, right?!)

4 comments:

Ourfamilyworld said...

I am your new movie fan!! Thanks for linking up to our Alexa Hop

Tired of Previews said...

Thanks!

Katy

dtbrents said...

I've never heard of them but I will look them up. I will also check out your movie reviews. Doylene

Tired of Previews said...

Doylene - just click on the links and you'll get a taste of how truly great they are.

Thanks for stopping by.