Monday, January 3, 2011

Black Swan

Happy New Year everyone!!


I am finally reviewing a current movie that is in the theatres now: Black Swan


Directed by Darren Aronofsky, Fox Searchlight Pictures, 2010. Starring Natalie Portman, Mila Kinus and Vincent Cassel.

Genre: Drama, Thriller.


Before I say anything else I must tell you to see this movie in the theatre. The story lends itself to being viewed in a large dark space with a huge white screen staring back at you so you are transported out of your world.  


Natalie Portman gives a wonderful performance – as she usually does but this time the character, Nina, was one she was born to play. I don’t want to say much us else as this is a thriller and must be viewed with little or no knowledge of the story.


The previews didn't ruin it too much for me but I recommend changing the channel as they sometimes start to show more the longer the movie has been in the theatre.


Review: 9 out of 10


Rating: R
Length: 108 minutes

No comments: