Monday, January 24, 2011

The Fourth Kind

Directed (and written by) Olatunde Osunsanmi, Universal Pictures, 2009. Starring Milla Jovovich, Will Patton and Elias Koteas.

Genre: Mystery, Sci-Fi, Thriller

Let me start by saying The Fourth Kind was an absolutely fantastic and original way to direct a movie. Well done! I thoroughly enjoyed watching this film. I believe this film took an allegedly true story and tried to inform the audience of its validity in the most thought provoking way. 
 
However, since this is a thriller/mystery film I can’t say much more about it even though I really, really want to. I can say the acting was well done, the script was intriguing and it took me a while to shake off the emotions of this story. It really made me think.

Now if you enjoy things like the X-files, I believe you will like The Fourth Kind. And if you see the movie – you are the only one who can answer the last line of the film. I can’t tell you my answer as it would give it away. You have to see for yourself. Sorry.

Favorite thing: The way the story was told.

Least favorite thing: The doubt I thought.

Possibility of a sequel? - That one is hard to answer since this was based on true events but I am sure it could be done.

Did the previews ruin it? – Not one bit.

Rating: PG-13
Length: 98 minutes

Review: 7 out of 10

No comments: