Friday, March 18, 2011

Soundtrack: One From the Heart

Francis Ford Coppola's 1982 movie "One From the Heart" is #99 on the top 100 Best Soundtracks of all time. Now, I must say I never heard of this movie but when it came out I was only 12. So I had to look it up. Then after reading about it, I was even more curious to know a bit more about this movie and music when I learned that the soundtrack was up for an Academy Award for Best Original Score.

The album is by Tom Waits and features Crystal Gayle. Yes, you read that right. Not a pairing I would have ever put together but after listening to the album, I won't doubt it again. The album is soft, sultry and melodic. Check it out!

One from the Heart (Music from the Motion Picture) [Bonus Track Version] - Tom Waits & Crystal Gayle

The movie stars Fredric Forrest, Teri Garr and Raul Julia.

No comments: