Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Unstoppable

Directed by Tony Scott, Twentieth Century Fox Film Corp, 2010. Starring Denzel Washington, Chris Pine and Rosario Dawson.

Genre: Action, Drama, Thriller.

Question: What makes you want to see a movie? Is it the story, the genre, or the actors? For me it is all of the above and more - but I must say that when Denzel Washington is in a movie, I put it on my list to watch it. I mean, come on, he's one of our greatest actors and anything he touches turns into gold...even if the story is a tad bit unbelievable.

I was about 20 minutes into "Unstoppable" when I realized that Denzel Washington can go into a genre and make it his own. He's that good!! Watching him act allows you to forget you are watching a slightly unrealistic film like "Unstoppable". His acting just pulls you in and you believe the the story being told. It almost gives me goosebumps thinking about how fantastic he is.

Both Chris Pine and Rosario Dawson also give great performances throughout the entire ride - and it is one ride that keeps you on the edge of your seat. You pretty much know what is going to happen and, yes, the previews did show too much on this one. However, "Unstoppable" is well acted and told - you still enjoy the whole story.

My only complaint was this camera movement where it quickly shoots in on the face of an actor - not for a full close-up - just closer. It was done a lot. I suppose it was to cause a little more tension, which this film did not need. After awhile it got a little annoying. But all in all I really liked this film so put in on your list to see.

My favorite part: Denzel.

My least favorite: The close-up camera trick.

Possibility of a sequel? I might have to say yes.

Did the previews show too much? Yep, but this time it didn't bother me too much.

Rating: PG-13
Length: 98 minutes

Review: 7 out of 10

Download Unstoppable here:
Unstoppable (2010)

Or here:



COMING UP: It's Kind of a Funny Story

No comments: